9 Statistics That Show The Value Of Organic SEO
These statistics source from a compilation of SERPS behavior studies.
- 42% of search users click the top-ranking link. 8% click the second-ranking link, and the click-through rate (CTR) continues to drop thereof.
- When these two top-ranking links are artificially switched, the click-through ratio of 42-8% drops to 34-12%, demonstrating the importance of engaging copy in addition to rank position.
- 62% of search users click a link on the first page of search results.
- 23% of searches progress to the second page. Presumably the difference between 62% and 23% stems from searchers trying either another keyword or another engine, or giving up.
- 80% of unsuccessful searches are followed with keyword refinement.
- 41% of searches unsuccessful after the first page choose to refine their keyword search phrase or their chosen search engine.
- 77% of search users choose organic over paid listing when searching, 67% choose organic search when purchasing.
- When the searcher is purchasing, organic click-through generates 25% higher conversion rates than equivalent Pay-Per-Click (PP) click-through.
- 40% of SEO campaigns aware of their ROI achieve returns in excess of 500%, while only 22% of PPC campaigns were able to achieve this value.
August 4, 2013